Hello to the second meeting of the Undone online book club! We’re going to do this monthly and would LOVE to have you read along with us and join us in discussing each book of choice… This time it’s going to happen on Tuesday 7th April, so you have a month to get a copy of the book and get reading!
Just to add a teensy bit of structure and motivation, for a more rewarding read (we’re book nerds!) and better discussion, here’s a little list of things to think about while/after reading. You’re welcome to email us your thoughts at any time during the month (email@example.com) and at the end we’ll collate and publish some of your insights (if you’d like) after the 7th.
Some things to consider…
* Does the author have the voice/viewpoint you expected?
* Was there a passage that stood out for you?
* Describe what you liked/dislike about the writing style?
* What is your favourite thing overall about the book? And your least favourite?
* Do you feel as if your views on a subject have changed by reading this text?
* If you could ask the author a question, what would you ask?
* How did you experience the book? Were you engaged immediately, or did it take you a while to get into it? How did you feel reading it – amused, sad, disturbed, confused, bored…?
* How did the fact it’s an autobiography affect your reading?
So, what are we reading this time?
Girl In A Band – by the lady legend that is Kim Gordon…
Disclaimer! We’re signed up as a Book Depository affiliate, so if you purchase via this link or this link for paperback, Undone gets about $1 (yussssss) – also they’re pretty good and do fast and free delivery.
Get reading and we look forward to hearing from you!